Casting, Headshots, and getting the Audition – yes, it isn’t fair
Time: 2-3 hours
Date: Sunday, June 5th 2 pm
The Actor Space NV at Restless Artists’ Theatre
295 20th Street. Sparks, NV 89431
Call/Text with questions: 818-602-3784
$30.00 Members/$50.00 Non-Members
Seating capacity 46
“Why do I need a headshot?”
How do I pick a photographer?
Headshot evaluation by industry professionals
How do I make it better?
What you want your headshot to do for you.
How to maximize your chances of getting the audition
Payment accepted: Cash, Check, or Zelle the money to 818-602-3784
Headshots must be received by May 31st to be evaluated before the seminar. Send digital copies to Debra@TheActorSpaceNV.com
Monday, April 18, 2022
Headshot Seminar #1
- What is it supposed to do?
- The headshot should show casting a character, or at the very least lead them to think that you look like a character they are trying to cast
- How can I maximize my investment?
- Approach this like the business tool that it is by knowing what it is you want/need it to do
- Do I have to have an agent?
- Agents are great, but especially up in Northern Nevada, there are all sorts of ways you can get in front of casting.
- Having said that, learn the business and work WITH your agent, know what part of the work of promoting you should be doing.
- How do I figure out what they want?
- Ah, the great “secret”. If they don’t call you in, than what you are presenting is not what they want – I’ll help you fix that.
- Will you guide me in understanding?
- Yup, 20 years in the production side of the business (as well as the acting side) – I know a thing or two
- How can I attend?
- Fill in the enrollment form here:——- Pay the fee and then email me a digital copy of your headshot to : debra@TheActorStudioNV.com.
- What if I don’t have a headshot yet, should I still attend?
- Absolutely ! you will be better prepared for your headshot session.
- How do I figure out what’s right for me?
- You don’t do it alone, casting is a group effort, and the seminar will show you how.